Certified Organic Ginger
This is Certified Organic Ginger that you can eat or use as seed. Note: The quality for 2024 is less than desired. We are still shipping smaller amounts (no 7# or 28# cases) and will be using it ourselves, but a warning before buying.
There are 10-16 seed pieces per lb. We recommend planting from 6” to 12” apart in rows 36-48” apart.
1# cut seed option contains approx 10-12 pieces and is great for trying this exciting plant.
1# Sprouted Cut Seed will have active buds poking out of the seed- You will still want to pot up in soil until your frost date is past.
NOTE: the fresh ginger picture is what it will look like when you harvest, not what we send to you!
We are unable to sell Seed Ginger to customers located in CA, TX, AZ, or LA. However, we do offer material for consumption to customers in those states.
- Botanical Name: Zingiber officinale
- Plant Type: Perennial herb
- Plant Size: Grows 3-5 feet tall with a 1-2 feet spread space 6-12" apart in a row
- Sun Exposure: Partial shade to full sun
- Hardiness Zones: 9-11, but can be grown indoors in colder climates or in a large pot and then brought inside in the fall.
- Soil: Plant your ginger in rich, well-draining soil with a pH of 6.0 to 6.8. Amend the soil with compost or organic matter to ensure adequate nutrients.
- Water: Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Ginger plants prefer a humid environment, so consider misting the leaves occasionally, especially when grown indoors.
- Fertilizer: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer every 4-6 weeks during the growing season for optimal growth and root development. Hill Twice during the growing season
- Harvest: Ginger roots can be harvested 3-4 months after planting. Gently dig around the base of the plant to expose the rhizomes and cut off the desired amount, leaving some behind for future growth.
Add a touch of the tropics to your farm, home garden or homestead and enjoy the benefits of this versatile and health-boosting plant. Order yours today and embark on a delightful ginger-growing journey! Full growing instructions included!
We start shipping End of February based on your weather and climate. Please let us know if you want shipment earlier and we can see what we can do. Early shipping may incur additional charges. We usually ship USPS ground, but may ship UPS if you desire.
SEEDTIME FULFILLED SHIPPING (items fulfilled by Seedtime)
- We ship to the USA only.
- We offer free shipping on all products fulfilled by Seedtime with an order value over $49
- Orders placed before 12pm Eastern Time ship the same day. Orders after 12pm Eastern Time will ship the next business day. Timing applies to orders in the lower 48 States.
- Standard delivery time is 3-7 business days.
- Easy 30 day returns or exchanges.
Your satisfaction means the world to us which is why all of your orders are backed with our 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. Either you love it, or you can return it for an equal exchange or get a full refund. Just send us a support ticket to email@example.com and we'll be glad to help you with your return.
Other Vendor Fulfilled Shipping
We offer products that are fulfilled by other vendors with the following rates:
The Farm On Central: $9 flat rate
Farmers Friend: Free shipping to contiguous USA
Peaceful Valley: $5 for up to 5 seed packets and then free shipping on seed packets after that. $10.99 flat rate for bulk seeds/larger weight items.
WOW! I am so happy that I was able to grow this ginger easily. For the first time that I even tried to grow ginger was in 2023 - this went rather well. I was even told by someone that their father who lives in India for half of the year & the USA for the other half of the year, that this was the BEST ginger they have ever had! VERY impressive being that this person is also in their 80s. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have this as part of my food sources for last year & I am looking forward to using this HIGH quality product again this year. I just hope that they have enough in stock for me to order. Not only were we able to use the ginger root, but also the leaves - nothing was wasted. For me & my family - there is no comparison out there - this is the ginger that we will want to use from now on. This is worth every penny & then some.
I was totally surprise of the amount that I received. It took a while but all of it grew. I had a great harvested and working on replanting it again this year. Very good investment and looking forward to ordering other items from them. Very Happy that it is Certified Organic as that is all that I grow on our farm,
The ginger did really well. Everything sprouted. I started them right away inside and then repotted when it was warm enough to go outside. I was pleased with the amount of ginger I got for our mild Ohio summers. I was able to sell a few plants and so all my ginger was basically free!
It sprouted well and grew great.
I don't understand the less than stellar reviews. My experience with the ginger received was excellent. The ginger quality was excellent. I had no problem with sprouting.