Coco Coir Open Top Bags
Prefilled Grow Bags for No Mess Planting!
These coco coir starter bags are already prefilled and ready for use. Simply open the bag containing a special blend of compressed coconut fiber, hydrate, mix and add your plants. This PCM is composed of raw coco medium, washed five times, blended from coco peat and coco chips without fine dust particles, and compressed for use. Carefully designed to retain moisture and provide ample airflow.
- Prefilled for quick and easy planting
- Blend of coco peat and coco chips as an superior replacement to mixing coco coir with perlite. Saves you the time and cost of making your own blend.
- Breathable coco medium
- Retains moisture
- OMRI approved for organic plant production
- Great for hydroponics, flood and drain, and drip irrigation
- Grow Bag is made from biodegradable plant cellulose
- Dry coco coir grow bag dimensions : 6.75" x 8.75" x 2.5"
- Hydrated coco coir bag dimensions : 7" x 8.75" x 8.75"
- Weight 30 oz. Dry consisting of 40% Coco Peat and 60% 7mm Coco Chips
- 2 gallon grow bag equivalent
- EC of < 1.0 mS/cm
- Air filled porosity (V/V%): 28% - 33%
- pH: 5.5-6.5
- Organic Matter % by weight: 95% - 98%
For bulk coco coir orders of a pallet or more please reach out to us for special pricing.
Layout bags in the desired arrangement, with consideration of drainage and crop production spacing needs. Unfold bag and hydrate with PH-neutral water or nutrient solution as outlined below. Mix the medium thoroughly and plant directly into the bag. These bags have pre-cut drainage holes. Additional holes may be added depending on your crop and desired drainage speed.
HYDRATING PCM Coco Grow Bags:
Release clean and filtered hot water (reverse osmosis is highly recommended) in intervals of 10-15 minutes until the dry slab inside the bag thoroughly hydrates. Any problematic areas can be slowly squeezed until areas are softened and can fully absorb water.
Best Irrigation Practices for the 2 Gallon Coco Coir Bags
- Under normal conditions run 3 irrigation cycles per day with 150-200 cc shots
- Do not drain the water out in first irrigation, drain should be done in 2nd and 3rd irrigation cycle
- On hot summer days increase irrigation cycles to 5 per day
- There should not be more than 15% drainage of water per irrigation cycle
- Overnight dry down should be 25%
- Flood tables: When feeding and watering via flood tables, it is vital to consider the time required to flood and drain your table. (Usually around 10 min.) Feed with your regular nutrient solution. You should only need to irrigate your open-top grow bags once a day or every other day. Vegetative growth times will vary based on desired transplant height. We recommend a minimum of 14 days to allow a healthy root system to establish. For transplants, make a small void in the open-top bag and place plant into the hole, or set on top. Keep transplants in vegetative growth for 3+ days before switching to flower.
- Drip Irrigation: Feed 400ml of Veg nutrient solution once every day or every other day, depending on growing conditions and crop. Vegetative growth times will vary based on desired transplant height. We recommend a minimum of 14 days to allow a healthy root system to establish. For transplants, make a small void in the open-top bag and place plant into the hole, or set on top. Keep transplants in vegetative growth for 3+ days before switching to flower.
Tip: If the moisture content of the bags rapidly drops in the morning, start the irrigation within the 1-2 hours from sunrise (or lights on) and turn off 2 hours before sunset (or lights off).
Normal irrigation cycles should be from sunrise starting at 2 hours and then 4 hours and then again in 2 hours and it should be no more than 4 irrigations cycles unless it is a hot summer day. These hours can be changed according to the sunrise and moisture levels. Irrigation volume should match the substrate volume.
OTHER KEY CONSIDERATIONS:
If an internal buffer is desired: use a CaNO3 solution of 100ppm NO3 and a pH of 5.5-5.8 and allow to soak for 1-2 days to buffer.
Lights, room temperature, humidity, and other factors can affect moisture evaporation in grow space and change irrigation frequency.
The difference in the nutrient composition is mainly in the first 2–3 weeks with respect to Ca and K. Watch your pH carefully in the runoff because the crop can affect the pH strongly on all PCM Products
SEEDTIME FULFILLED SHIPPING (items fulfilled by Seedtime)
- We ship to the USA only.
- We offer free shipping on all products fulfilled by Seedtime with an order value over $49
- Orders placed before 12pm Eastern Time ship the same day. Orders after 12pm Eastern Time will ship the next business day. Timing applies to orders in the lower 48 States.
- Standard delivery time is 3-7 business days.
- Easy 30 day returns or exchanges.
Your satisfaction means the world to us which is why all of your orders are backed with our 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. Either you love it, or you can return it for an equal exchange or get a full refund. Just send us a support ticket to email@example.com and we'll be glad to help you with your return.
Other Vendor Fulfilled Shipping
We offer products that are fulfilled by other vendors with the following rates:
The Farm On Central: $9 flat rate
Farmers Friend: Free shipping to contiguous USA
Peaceful Valley: $5 for up to 5 seed packets and then free shipping on seed packets after that. $10.99 flat rate for bulk seeds/larger weight items.