Soft rock phosphate, or colloidal phosphate, is a natural, untreated, vegetarian source of long-lasting phosphate and soil building calcium. Rock phosphate provides phosphate that remains available to plants across a wide pH range.
For best availability, Down To Earth’s soft rock phosphate should be mixed into soil or active compost prior to planting. A superb nutrient resource for plants of all kinds.
- Application Method: Spreader
- Use Instructions:
For new plantings: add ¼ cup per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 5-10 lbs. per cubic yard.
For established plants: lightly mix 1 tbsp. per gallon into the soil surface every other month during the growing season.
Bulbs: Add 1 tbsp per hole for average size bulbs, more for larger varieties. Mix thoroughly into soil, and water in well.
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds: To prepare new gardens, apply 2.5-5 lbs per 100 square feet and thoroughly mix into the top 3” of soil. For new transplants, add ¼ cup per hole, mix into soil and water in well. To feed established plants, side dress ¼-½ cup in Fall or early Spring to promote fruiting and flowering during the growing season.
Containers: For new plantings, add ¼ cup per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 5-10 lbs per cubic yard. For established plants, lightly mix 1 tbsp per gallon into the soil surface every other month during the growing season.
Trees & Shrubs: Spread 1 lb per 1” of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line, mix into soil surface and water in well. For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-2 cups with the backfill soil. Use the amended soil to fill in around the new tree, and water in well.
- Storage Instructions: Store in a dry area.
- Nutrient Levels
AVAILABLE PHOSPHATE (P2O5) 3.0%
CALCIUM (Ca) 18.0%
- Derived From
Soft Rock Phosphate
- OMRI Certified: Yes
- Packaging Type: Box
- Recommended For: Bulbs; Fruit; Shrubs; Trees; Vegetables
- Caution: Keep out of the reach of pets
- First Aid Measures:
If in Eyes: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
If on Skin: Wash with plenty of soap and water. If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
If Inhaled: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. If respiratory distress continues, seek medical attention.
If Ingested: If gastrointestinal distress occurs, seek medical attention.
- Safety Warnings: Wear gloves and a particle mask when handling and transporting. Avoid excessive humidity, contact with moisture and extreme temperatures to retain product functionality.
- We ship to the USA only.
- We offer free shipping on all orders over $49
- Orders placed before 12pm Eastern Time ship the same day. Orders after 12pm Eastern Time will ship the next business day. Timing applies to orders in the lower 48 States.
- Standard delivery time is 3-7 business days.
- Easy 30 day returns or exchanges.
Your satisfaction means the world to us which is why all of your orders are backed with our 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. Either you love it, or you can return it for an equal exchange or get a full refund. Just send us a support ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be glad to help you with your return.